Eight Unique Wedding Dress Trends For 2016
Posted on March 14 2016
While wedding dresses don't change all that drastically from season to season, there are eight trends that are showing up on the runways and in fashion forward weddings around the world.
These updates to the traditional wedding dress are sexy, fun, bold and unconventional. From feathers and floral prints to two pieces, designers are taking the wedding dress to a whole new level. Scroll through the eight trends that are likely to make their way down an aisle near you this year.
1. Plunging Necklines ~ Brides are opting for a sexier look with deep plunging necklines like this dress by J Mendel.
2. Long Sleeves ~ Kate Middleton made sleeves chic again. This dress by Monique Lhuillier combines two trends; sleeves and a plunging neckline.
3. Open Back ~ While this trend might not be new, designers are getting creative with cut outs, sheer lace backs and straps like this Nicole Miller dress.
4. Feathers ~ Designers are adding feathers to dresses for extra dimension and fun like this dress from Lela Rose.
5. The Two Piece Dress ~ Perfect for the bride who wants an unconventional wedding dress and isn't afraid to bare her midriff. This dress by Theia would be perfect for a coast side or bohemian theme wedding.
6. Blush Dresses ~ Colors are making their appearance this year but none are more popular than the blush pink wedding dress like this one by Maggie Sottero.
7. Capes ~ Ditch the traditional veil and opt for a cape that attaches to your dress. The sheer cape gives the illusion of a veil with a modern twist like this dress from Monique Lhuillier
8. Floral Prints ~ For the bride who really wants to make a statement on her wedding day opt for a floral print dress like this one from Theia. It's casual, fun, flirty and colorful.